Meet My MommyPosted: December 18, 2013
Today I am participating in the Meet the Bloggers blog hop. Now, everyone knows that this is my blog, so I am the blogger, and you all know me. But my human mommy has been my blogging assistant/full-time photographer from the beginning, and I’ve been thinking that she might deserve a little–just a little–recognition for all of her hard work. Last week I read about this hop on I Still Want More Puppies, and I decided that this is the perfect opportunity for you to meet my mommy.
I’m going to allow my mommy to answer the blog hop questions on her own so that you can get to know a little bit about her. Boy, I sure hope this blogging thing doesn’t go to her head! Take it away, Mommy.
What’s your favorite non-animal related book?–I have to say To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, but then I also have to admit that I’ve never actually read the book. I haven’t even seen the movie. But I still named my dog after the author. Does that make me a bad person?
What’s your favorite non-animal related movie?–I love Doctor Zhivago, especially the winter scene when Yuri takes Lara to the house in the Ural Mountains.
- What’s your favorite non-animal related food?–Pizza. If I had a pizza and a chocolate cake sitting in front of me, I’d choose the pizza every single time.
- Who’s your favorite actor?–I’ve always loved Bette Davis because her characters have balls. Oops, am I allowed to say that on a blog? [Note from Miss Harper Lee: Please forgive my mommy! I'll speak with her about that.]
- What’s one thing you have to do every day?–I have to kiss my puppy . . . again and again and again and . . .
- What makes you feel fabulous?–I feel fabulous when I get to spend a long weekend with my husband and Miss Harper Lee at Butler Greenwood Plantation and Bed and Breakfast. It’s total relaxation and together-away-from-everything-else time.
- What’s your favorite holiday?–Halloween is my favorite holiday. October is the prettiest month in South Louisiana, and Halloween is just all about fun.
- Favorite meal?–I love brunch. I am not at all a fan of breakfast, but I think brunch is fabulous. Brunch just says, “We have absolutely no serious obligations today,” and any day that starts with mimosas and bloody Mary’s is gong to be a very good day!
- What do you like to do in your free time?–I love to garden. I would rather be outside digging in the garden in the heat of August than inside cleaning the house.
- If your pets could talk, what one word would THEY use to describe you?–I think Harper Lee would say constant. I hope that’s what she would say. I have always been there for her since she was a tiny puppy and I will always be there for her, willing to do anything. Although sometimes I have to say that I think she might like a little less of the constant. She’s a very independent spirit!
- What is one thing you’ve done that you’re most proud of?–I earned a master of journalism degree from Louisiana State University. It’s been a while since I’ve actually applied that degree to anything professional (in other words, anything I’ve been paid to do), but I am very proud of earning it.
- Other than blogging, what are three things you do that bring you joy?–Other than being with Harper Lee? Gardening, cooking, and traveling with my husband.
- What drives you nuts about your pets?–It drives me nuts that they can’t live forever.
- What melts your heart?–Little Miss Harper Lee melts my heart every single day.
- If you didn’t have your current pets, what pets would you choose to have?–I would love to have chickens, but then I would probably have to say goodbye to my husband, and I love him more than I would love the chickens.
I hope you’ve enjoyed meeting my mommy. Many, many thanks to the Meet the Bloggers co-hosts: I Still Want More Puppies, Go Pet Friendly, Kol’s Notes, Life With Desmond, No Dog About It Blog, The Daily Dog Blog, My Brown Newfies, CindyLu’s Muse, Bringing Up Bella, Heart Like a Dog, Rescued Insanity, Peggy’s Pet Place, and NEPA Pets. If it weren’t for them, my mommy probably wouldn’t have ever, ever come out from behind the camera. Now if I can just get her back under control!
If you’re interested in meeting more of the humans behind your favorite pet blogs, here’s a link to everyone on today’s hop. Enjoy!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…