Golden Retriever RulesPosted: September 28, 2012
When I was just a puppy, my neighbor gave this to my parents. I’m so glad she managed to set my parents straight early on regarding the truth about Golden Retrievers and rules.
- The Golden Retriever is not allowed in the house.
- Okay, the Golden Retriever is allowed in the house, but only in certain rooms.
- The Golden Retriever is allowed in all rooms, but has to stay off the furniture.
- The Golden Retriever is only allowed on the old furniture.
- Fine, the Golden Retriever is allowed on all the furniture, but is not allowed to sleep with the humans on the bed.
- All right, the Golden Retriever is allowed on the bed, but only by invitation.
- The Golden Retriever may sleep on the bed whenever he wants, but not under the covers.
- The Golden Retriever may sleep under the covers every night.
- Humans must ask permission to sleep under the covers with the Golden Retriever!
- In all cases of dispute . . . the Golden Retriever rules!
I hope you’ll share this with your humans. It’s something they need to understand.