And the Liebster Goes to . . .Posted: November 30, 2012
. . . me? Yes, me! Many, many thanks to my very clever fellow blogger slowgirlfastdog for the Liebster Award nomination. You really should click on the link to her blog, where you’ll learn about mini-tinis, training for and running a half marathon, and living with a Whippet puppy.
Anyway, back to me and my award. I’ve asked my humans to contact Beagle Mischka for a gown and Harry Winbone for some loaner bling so I can prepare for the red carpet. Meanwhile, the Liebster comes with a five-part assignment (really?), so I have a few things to do before the ceremony.
(Just a note: I’ve researched this Liebster thing, and information about it varies. One version of it just asks for three questions, nominations, etc. How did I end up with the one that asks for 11? If you’ve been nominated, you have my permission to go with the 11 version or the three version, or you can just play by your own rules. Also, some places say that it’s to recognize blogs with fewer than 200 followers. Others say it can also recognize blogs created in this calendar year. I went with both of those, and even at that I might have taken some liberties.)
- I must list 11 things about myself.
- I must answer the 11 questions asked of me by my nominator.
- I must nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them in my post.
- I must list 11 questions for my nominees to ponder and answer.
- I must go to my nominees’ pages and tell them they were nominated.
Step 1: 11 things about myself
- I am a Golden Retriever (just in case you didn’t know that).
- I’m a St. Patrick’s Day puppy. I share a March 17 birthday with my Gran (my human mommy’s mother).
- I do not like bagpipes. I discovered this on my most recent birthday.
- After I finish my breakfast, I walk into the den, sit down, and present my humans with a very large belch. I do this pretty much every morning.
- I am afraid of birds in cages (please don’t tell any of my fellow retrievers).
- I don’t drink as much beer as you think I drink.
- Since my sister Lexi crossed the Rainbow Bridge, I refuse to drink out of the indoor water bowl. Should my humans call the doggy shrink?
- I am an excellent car dog.
- I did not like wearing my Halloween costume. I don’t care what my humans might have told you.
- I tend to get a little over excited when people visit. I’m working on that.
- I have been known to put putrid things in my mouth while out on walks. Sorry.
Step 2: answer the 11 questions asked of me by my nominator
- What was your favorite comic strip as a child? Marmaduke, of course.
- Do you own any pets? If so, what kind? I think we all realize that it’s pets like me who actually own our humans. I own two humans, one male and one female.
- Why do you blog? I blog to make humans smile.
- If you could only own one book, what would it be? To Kill a Mockingbird, the Pulitzer Prize-winning book written by Harper Lee, my namesake. It was her only novel.
- Do you color inside the lines or outside? Outside, of course; everyone should.
- What word would your mother use to describe you? Precious.
- What word would your best friend use to describe you? Energetic.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Having to wait for a human to feed me.
- Have you ever been in a bar brawl? No, although I have spent time in bars . . . well, technically, on the patios of bars.
- Do you believe in ghosts? Yes; I saw them with my own eyes during Halloween.
- What have you done to prepare for a zombie invasion?I have humans who take care of those sorts of things for me.
Step 3: nominate 11 other bloggers
- Gardens for Goldens
- Cast Light
- Life with Wilco
- Wiggle the Dog
- Grandma’s Sewing Studio
- Healthy Little Habits
- Writing to Heal the Cancer Journey
- Project One Hundred
Step 4: 11 questions for my nominees
- What is your favorite treat?
- What is your best trick?
- What do you eat that you should not eat?
- If you were a dog (assuming that you’re not), what kind of dog would you be and why?
- Are you house trained?
- Do you drool?
- Do you ever hang your head out of the window of the car as it races down the road?
- What is your best trait?
- Can you put two tennis balls in your mouth at one time? Do you wish you could?
- Again, assuming you are not a dog, how old would you be in dog years? How does that make you feel?
- And finally, what has been the most rewarding thing about your blog?
That’s it. Finished! Congratulations to my nominees. You inspire, entertain, and inform. You’re fabulous and well deserving of the Liebster and all other accolades that come your way. Keep blogging!