You Inspire MePosted: February 22, 2013
Many thanks to my blogger friend dailyspro for presenting me with a Very Inspiring Blogger Award nomination, and even more thanks to her for being such an inspiration. She lost her beautiful, sweet, and way-too-young Bernese Mountain Dog, Newton, a little more than two months ago. Since then, she has written so movingly about loss and recovery. She has taken her grief and channeled it into positive pursuits and heartfelt advice. I hope that you will take a moment to visit her very inspiring blog. You will be hooked.
Now for the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. Done.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. Done.
3. State seven things about yourself. About to be done.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award. About to be done . . . sort of.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back. Well, I will admit that I am a little confused by the whole “ping back” thing, so I will comment on their blogs to let them know that I have nominated them. Is that ok?
Seven things about me:
I am a Golden Retriever. I always feel obligated to point that out.
- I am currently pursuing post-graduate studies at PetSmart obedience school. I started obedience classes when I was six months old (I’m almost four years old now). I completed beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes. Then a group of us convinced our humans and our trainer that we would like to continue with our training. I love school, my school friends, and my trainer!
- I am an independent spirit. My human mommy is not so sure that’s always a good thing. I beg to differ.
- I am very talkative. When I see other dogs on my walks, I just have to talk. When my humans come home from a night out, I just have to talk. I have a lot to say. It’s a good thing I have a blog.
- I have a lot of really wonderful toys, but give me an outside stick and I am a happy dog. I love to chew on sticks, and create neat little piles of mulch in my yard.
- I think my human daddy is a treat dispenser. When he is home, I feel the need to stick by his side because I just know treats will appear.
- My favorite room in the house is the kitchen. Magic happens in that room, and sometimes I am the lucky recipient of that magic.
Nominate 15 bloggers for this award: Now, I know I just bragged about obedience school, and I am usually very obedient and follow the rules. BUT, I also said that I am an independent spirit, and I am about to let that spirit soar. So, here are my six nominees, in no particular order:
welcome to our 3mbakery Jude is mother to three beautiful Golden Retrievers (is there any other kind?), and her blog is all about “tasty recipes and information especially for your fur kids.” She inspires me to get my mommy into the kitchen to start baking some of those tasty (and healthy, I might add) treats.
- vegan parisienne This full-time graduate student living in Paris offers a “guide to classy vegan cooking and style.” Her food photos are gorgeous. She also runs and shares photos of some pretty beautiful running locations. She inspires my mommy to explore new recipes. She inspires my daddy to explore new marathon sites.
- Red’s Rants and Raves Red is a witty Welsh Terrier who “discusses life in the slow lane.” Red just might be the funniest dog I know . . . in a cyber kind of way. His human wrote this on his blog: “He has won no awards and fears that he is unlikely to do so at this point in his life.” Well, here’s your award, Red Man. Paw snaps and twirls. You inspire me to look at life through rose-colored glasses.
- NuveaSantosCobb This teacher and photographer says that her blog is a “photography journal of my life, loves, and adventures.” Her beautiful photographs inspire me to open my eyes and appreciate the beauty that surrounds me every day.
- Skinny Little Whippet Skinny, who lives in Yorkshire, England, is his humans’ first puppy and “so far, life with humans is quite a puzzle, sometimes exciting, always exhausting.” I must say that Skinny is doing an admirable job of training his humans. He goes on the most exotic walks . . . which sometimes become wild runs. He inspires me to embrace my inner puppy.
- Sunshine and Starlight Sunshine and Starlight are West Highland White Terriers living in Mississippi. We’re practically neighbors! They call their humans “manservant” and “womanservant,” which all of us dogs know is simply stating the obvious. They go on amusing daily excursions in the Bumpkinmobile and then share tales of their outings. They inspire me to broaden my horizons.
So congratulations to my nominees, and thank you for being such wonderfully inspiring bloggers. You are absolutely under no obligation to follow any of the nomination rules (although I did have a lot of fun doing this, so you might also). I just wanted to let you know that you inspire me.
And now, I just cannot resist ending with my award photo. See you on the red carpet!