You Are My SunshinePosted: May 10, 2013
My humans and I woke up this morning to flashes of lightning, crashes of thunder, and the sound of hail pelting our windows. By 7 a.m. my backyard rain gauge already registered more than three inches of rain, and the weather humans say that we can expect this same scenario for the next 48 hours.
So naturally my thoughts turned to sunshine. Here in Louisiana we have had our share of colorful politicians, but one of the most colorful was Jimmie Davis, known as Louisiana’s Singing Governor. You may not have heard of Jimmie Davis, but you probably have heard the famous song he wrote and performed, You Are My Sunshine. You might also enjoy this Ray Charles version of the classic or this happy little rendition by the Magnolia Brass Band, which can even brighten a dreary day like this.
But I have to thank Julianne Victoria, who offers insights for spiritual living on Through the Peacock’s Eyes, for bringing the biggest ray of sunshine to this otherwise rainy day. Miss Julianne had a very auspicious day recently when she received three blogging award nominations. She then gave her nominees the option of choosing which of the three awards each would like. I gave my choice some thought (in between naps, treats, walks, and squirrel chasing), and decided to choose the Sunshine Award, in honor of the sunshine that Miss Julianne brought into the life of her sweet Alaskan Malamute rescue Ku and the sunshine that he now spreads to the world through his beautiful blog Haiku By Ku.
About the Sunshine Award:
This prize is awarded to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” As an award winner, there are a few rules to follow:
- Thank the person (or dog, as the case may be) who gave this award to you and link to his or her blog.
- Answer the questions below.
- Pass on the award to 10 fabulous bloggers, link their blogs, and let them know you awarded them.
So, here are the things about me . . . my favorites:
- Favorite Color – Purple; my humans gave me a purple collar when I was a tiny puppy, and purple has been my favorite color ever since.
- Favorite Animal – Dogs; did you really expect another answer to that question?
- Favorite Number – 17; I was born on March 17 (which is also my human gran’s birthday) and my human daddy’s birthday is August 17.
- Favorite Drink – That’s a hard one. I like to taste wine and beer and champagne and bourbon and . . . but I’d have to say my favorite drink is water (my vet might be reading this).
- Facebook or Twitter – Twitter; tweet me @thek9harperlee.
- Your Passion – Sticks; I can sit in my back yard and chew on a stick all day long.
- Giving or getting presents – Getting; my humans say I’m more of a Golden Receiver than a Golden Retriever.
- Favorite Day – Everyday; when you’re a Golden Retriever, every day is great.
- Favorite Flowers – Roses; when I was a puppy, I dug up a rose bush my human mommy had just planted and ran around the yard with it like I was crazy. It’s the only slightly destructive thing I’ve ever done. I still love roses, but now I just stop to smell them every chance I get!
And now for my nominees. They are all bloggers I’ve met through BlogPaws Wordless Wednesday blog hop. Thanks to each of you for positively and creatively inspiring me . . . and for getting me through the middle of the week!
- 2 Brown Dawgs Blog
- Cinnamon: Our Spicy Cocker Spaniel
- Cupcake Speaks
- Kirby the Dorkie
- life as alfie
- Paws It On
- Silly Animals
- Sugar the Golden Retriever
- The Chronicles of Wallace & Samuel
- The Princess Tails