Isn’t She LovelyPosted: August 4, 2017
Several weeks ago, my friend Mia from It’s a Pibble’s Life! nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I cannot thank her enough. Mia is an amazing girl. She lives in Vancouver with her humom and her furbrother, Keiko. Click here to pay Mia a little visit. You’re likely to find her playing in the ocean or racing through the forest. I’ve decided to delegate the duties associated with this award to my little sister, Tallulah. This is a really big deal. It’s her first time to speak on my blog. She just has to do two things: 1) Tell us seven things about herself and 2) nominate 15 bloggers to receive the award. Sounds simple, right? You obviously don’t know my little sister, but here goes.
Seven Facts About Me, Tallulah Bee
1. I am a super happy girl. Ok, before I get started, let me just say Wow! I’m blogging! Sissy’s finally letting me speak! Ok, enough of that. I better get serious before she pulls the plug on this little experiment. Where was I? Oh, that’s right. I am a super happy girl. I mean just look at my smile. I’m always smiling and my tail is always wagging.
2. I have a lot of nicknames. My registered name is Rhythm’s Tallulah Bee for Harper Lee. That’s kind of a lot to say, so humans just call me Tallulah. Unless I’m in trouble. And then my human mommy calls me Tallulah Bee, which to me sounds like “Stop it now!” But when I’m being good (which, for the record, is most of the time), my humans call me Bee, Buzzy Bee, Woo Bee, Bee Girl, Bubba, Bubba Bee, and Bubz.
3. I love to watch television. Actually, I love to watch video on anything–televisions, computers, smartphones, anything. I especially like to watch animals, but I also enjoy sporting events and pharmaceutical commercials with little cartoon-like characters. Now you’re going to be looking for those, aren’t you?
4. I’m rather fond of human beds. Technically, I’m not allowed on human beds. But sometimes I just can’t help myself. And when I do take the forbidden leap? Well, I’m just so super cute that the humans give in. Unless the bed is freshly made, and then that’s another story.
5. When it comes to food, I’m a bit of a pig. I have a tendency to inhale my meals, so I have this fancy pink bowl that slows me down. Very slightly.
6. I have a drinking problem. Not that kind of drinking problem, sillies. I mean I am not a neat drinker. And I drink gallons of water, so you’d think I’d be better at it. But I’m not. I kind of forget to swallow, and then water runs out of my mouth. Everywhere. Sorry about that, Mommy.
7. I love my big sister with all of my heart. Harper Lee has been the best big sister ever. She’s been patient and kind, and she always looks out for me. I love sleeping right next to her. And sometimes on her.
And my nominees for the One Lovely Blog Award are . . .
It said up there in the rules that I’m supposed to nominate 15 bloggers for this award. Hey. I’m just a puppy. (Ok, I’m two, but Mommy says we’re using that puppy excuse until I’m three.) I have a short attention span. Fifteen is a big number. How about if I just do eight? That’s more than half, right? And how about if I tell my nominees that they aren’t obligated to follow all of those silly award rules unless they want to. I just want them to know that I’m really happy that my big sister introduced me to them and I really like what they do.
Cast Light — This blog reminds us that we can we choose to “cast shadows” (gossip, complaints, cynicism) or to “cast light” (enthusiasm, encouragement, generosity). Golden Retriever Abby and Samoyed Sasha make the occasional appearance.
Gardens for Goldens — Escape to the beauty of the Memorial Garden at Homeward Bound Golden Retriever Rescue and Sanctuary and meet the people and dogs who make it such an enchanting place.
Golden Kali — Golden Retriever Kali lives with her little sister Kloe, also a Golden, in the Sierra Foothills of Northern California. Hey, kind of sounds like my big sister and me, except we live below sea level in South Louisiana.
Home Sweet Home Wyoming — Check out the big blue skies and meet cute pups Bear and Sammy.
Peace With My Life: Comfort and Compassion Out of Chaos — From time to time, we’re all surrounded by a bit of chaos (you should see my living room when I decide to take all the toys out of the toy basket), so it’s nice to know where you can go for a little peace, comfort, and compassion. And you’ll get to meet a cute pup named Jazz.
Piglove — Meet Bacon, the cutest, funniest little piggy ever. And follow the adventures of the whole Hotel Thompson gang. Warning: You will definitely laugh.
Saving Sammie: An Adoption Story — Follow the adventures of sisters Sammie (a German Shepherd) and Emma (a Doodleman Pinscher). And these girls have two cats. Not so sure that would work at my house. Haha!
Tails Around the Ranch — Sam and Elsa are Standard Poodles. Sam does pet therapy at a large hospital and hospice center and Elsa is his pesky sister who gets into trouble. Hmmmmm, sounds familiar.
So, if you choose, here are the One Lovely Blog Award rules:
- Thank the person (or dog) that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the award on your post.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers (give or take) for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
But feel free to ignore the rules. I do it all the time. And have a fabulous weekend!
Love, Tallulah Bee