A few weeks ago, my beautiful friend Misaki who writes The Misadventures of Misaki presented me with the Explorer Dog Award. This fun, new award was created just last month by Cat (a dog) from Camping & Exploring with Dogs.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person (or dog) who gave the award to you and display it on your bloggy. Check!
2. Nominate up to five friends. Here they are!
Bacon from Pig Love–Bacon is slowing but surely exploring the great outdoors, but his explorations within the Hotel Thompson are pretty exciting, too! Bacon isn’t a dog but, for the purposes of this award, I proclaim him an honorary dog.
- Matilda from Matilda’s Journey–This sweet girl has explored cancer treatment, which isn’t a fun exploration at all. But the good news is that she is doing very well and getting out to explore the sidewalks of Brooklyn.
- Roy from Following Roy–In the last few weeks, this little Aussie has gone from sandy beaches to snowy mountains. Now that’s some exploring! And he never left his home continent. Who knew Australia had snowy mountains?
- Ruby from Ruby the Airedale–Ruby is the funniest girl (or, as she would say, gurl) in all of blogdom, and she leaves the very best comments on everyone’s blogs. I would like to explore her mind, because I’ll bet that’s one fun place!
- Sage from The (mis)Adventures of Sage–This award should probably be called The Sage Award, because every day is a great exploration for this girl, and she never met a mud puddle she didn’t like.
3. Answer the following questions:
What is your favorite place to explore? Link to it.
This one is just a little bit tough because I actually have two favorite places. Sometimes I like to explore in the city, and my favorite city to visit is New Orleans, Louisiana. I have written several blog posts about my Crescent City trips, but you can click here to read about my most recent adventures this past April. Other times I like to explore in the country, and my favorite country getaway is Butler Greenwood Plantation and Bed and Breakfast in St. Francisville, Louisiana. My last trip to Butler Greenwood was this past May and I had so much fun (you can click here to read more about it). I saw chipmunks and a peacock and baby birds and ducks and frogs and fireflies. And those were just the animals that I saw. You can only imagine all the things I heard and smelled early in the morning and late in the evening. Wow! I’m getting excited just thinking about all the exploring I did. As you can see, my explorations came to a screeching halt after May. That’s because it’s just too hot where I live for puppy dogs to do much in the summer; but my humans promise me that when the cooler temperatures return in October, I’ll be hitting the road again. I’m holding them to that promise.
Have you ever found anything exciting/interesting whilst exploring?
One time while I was exploring in New Orleans, I found a bar. Does that sound bad? Let me explain. My hotel was just around the corner from a place called The District, and every time we walked past it I tugged on my leash to go through the door. Finally, my mommy went inside and asked the bartender if I could just step inside to get it out of my system. Well, turns out The District is a pet-friendly place (I was trying to tell my humans that) and I had a blast. It’s now a must-visit spot when I travel to New Orleans.
What do you like to explore more, beach or park?
Well, now you’ve hit a nerve. You see, I’ve never been to the beach. A beach trip is one of my goals, and it will happen, but it hasn’t happened yet. So, reluctantly, I must answer park on this one, because I have been to several parks and I have had fun. But I still want to go to the beach.
What is your favorite post you have written? Link to it.
“Visiting Hours at Squeaky Toy Hospital”–and, by the way, Hedgehog is still hanging in there!