. . . on a bluff in St. Francisville, Louisiana, overlooking the mighty Mississippi River, St. Francis of Assisi–the patron saint of animals–focused a ray of light on Tallulah Bee and me. Such a perfect end to this Christmas season.
. . . Tallulah and I welcomed Mr. Sunshine and Miss Blue Sky back into our lives. It seems we’ve had nothing but clouds, fog, and rain since Christmas, so you cannot begin to imagine how happy this day makes us.
Wishing you sunny skies and wide open fields. 🙂
. . . I took a little couch snooze. Getting to sleep on the couch is sort of a big deal. I know I can’t get on the couch until my blanket is spread out. And then I have to wait for a human to lift me up. For some odd reason I’m under the impression that I’m incapable of jumping up on my own. Don’t ask me to explain, because I can’t. But once on the couch, I’m in heaven. My body sinks into the cushion, I put my head on the pillow, and I’m out like a light. Couch snoozes are the best. I’m hoping for a lot of them in 2019.
What special indulgence are you looking forward to enjoying in 2019?
. . . I made sure my humans have everything they need for a wealthy, healthy, and happy 2019. Wishing you the same. ❤
Happy New Year!
. . . Tallulah and I took a moment to reflect on 2018. It’s been a great ride, and we cannot wait to see where the road takes us in 2019. 😉
Wishing our friends a happy and safe New Year’s Eve and best wishes for a fabulous New Year!
. . . I reflected on my 2018 Instagram highlights. My human mommy/blogging assistant used an app called Top Nine to generate the IG posts that received the most likes over the past year. Here’s a little tour of the photos, left to right from the top:
- “When pure love and perfect patience meet . . . and fall asleep.” March 22
- “Bad news: I had a bath yesterday. Good news: The suds were super yummy. Happy #tongueouttuesday!” June 22
- “The Big Easy was the Big Freezy for most of last week. It was miserable. But today was beautiful and spring-like, so Tallulah and I did a little French Quarter/Warehouse District day. We ended with bottomless mimosas (for the humans) at Flamingo A-Go-Go’s dog-friendly patio. Oh, and we had our very own chicken and black bean dish from the puppy menu. Perfection!” January 21
- “Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you and happy birthday to me! Today I’m celebrating nine wonderful years, and my New Orleans Irish Channel neighborhood is having a huge party and parade just for me. So “kissmeimirish and it’s my birthday!” March 17
- “Tonight I brought Golden love to the children, families, and staff at Children’s Hospital New Orleans. My wish for everyone I met: a night of sweet dreams as sweet as mine.” September 17
- “Today we celebrated Tallulah Bee’s third birthday at Dat Dog. Looks like Tallulah might have celebrated a little too much. Cheers to many more celebrations through the years!” April 22
- “I’ll be looking for you at the game today, Miss Susan. May the better Tigers win!” (This one probably needs a little explanation: It was posted for a very sweet young lady who is a freshman at Auburn. Her Auburn Tigers were playing my LSU Tigers in a football game. My Tiger’s won. 😉 ) September 15
- ” Yesterday at the Golden Retriever National, Mommy reconnected with these two Florida sweeties and their humans . . . almost four years since we all met in real life during my fabulous Florida adventure. Golden friendships are the best!” October 7
- “I’ll give you three guesses who won’t be the official Easter bunny ear model tomorrow. Hint: her initials are T.B.” March 31
If you’re on Instagram, I highly recommend generating your Top 9 posts for 2018. It’s a fun way to review the old year as it draws to a close. And if you are on IG, let me know where I can follow you. You’ll find me @thek9harperlee!
Spring has sprung at my house, and I couldn’t be happier. My human mommy and I have spent our ninth year together in the garden . . . weeding, trimming, digging, planting, and enjoying the fruits of our labor.
I’ve been Mommy’s Golden green thumb in the garden since I was just a tiny puppy. Before we moved to New Orleans, we had a really big garden. It took days and days and days and days to get it into shape.
Our garden is smaller now–just a few pots and a little groundcover and mulching. In many ways, it’s a much simpler task . . .
. . . and in other ways, it’s more of a challenge. But I’ve been working closely with Tallulah to teach her the ropes and I think she has a bright and sunny future as a Golden gardening assistant.
What’s better than one Golden in the garden? Two Goldens in the garden! Tallulah and I wish you a very happy spring, filled with warm breezes and vibrant blooms. And we wish our human mommy a lifetime of Golden green thumbs in her spring garden. Happy spring!