Posted: July 23, 2013 Filed under: Dogs I Like, People I Like, Things I Like | Tags: Awards, Awesome Blog Content Award, Dogs, Golden Retriever, Harper Lee, Pets, Sunshine Award, Thek9harperlee, Very Inspiring Blogger Award, WordPress Family Award
It’s time to slip into my “diamond” tiara and my purple feather boa for a little celebration. Now, you might think I’m celebrating the Royal Birth, but I’m not. Don’t get me wrong. I am super excited that Baby Cambridge finally made his appearance, but just look how tired I am from being on Royal Baby Watch day and night for what seems like the last two weeks (probably because it has been the last two weeks). No . . . I am dressed in my most festive attire to celebrate something entirely different: blogging awards. I have recently received some very nice awards from my very nice blogging friends, and I am extremely happy to accept those awards and even more excited to share them with others.
At the beginning of July, my blogging friend at Shoeful of Drool presented me with the Sunshine Award. I hope you’ll click here to read about some of her favorite things (we share a fondness for purple and dogs, but not purple dogs . . . that would just be silly!) and that you will visit her other nominees. The Sunshine Award is presented to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere,” so I could not be happier that this is my second nomination. You can click here to read “You Are My Sunshine,” the post I wrote for my first Sunshine Award nomination. You’ll find a list of my nominees there and you’ll also get to see my human mommy’s favorite puppy picture of me.
Last week I was super excited to receive the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from dogdaz. I hope you’ll click here to read seven interesting things about her (for instance, her dogs get away with much more than she should let them . . . the sign of a really good human!) and for links to her other nominees. This was also my second Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Click here to read “You Inspire Me,” the post I wrote when I received my first nomination. There you’ll learn that I think my human daddy is a treat dispenser. You’ll also find links to my nominees.
At the end of last week, Dogs N Pawz shared the WordPress Family Award with me. This award was created to recognize bloggers who “take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition.” I happily and humbly accept my third WordPress Family Award nomination. I hope you’ll click here to read “We Are Fam-i-ly . . . Get Up Everybody and Dance!” That’s the post that I wrote when I received my first nomination for this award and it includes links to all of my WordPress Family Award nominees. Click here for links to Dogs N Pawz’ other nominees.
Is my tiara still on my head? Good, because I have one more award to celebrate . . . and this one is a new one for me. If you think I’ve had a good month for awards, you need to visit Sand Spring Chesapeakes. In just one day and from just one person she received seven different blogging awards. Wow! And then, just because she’s such a super nice person, she turned around and passed all seven awards on to her nominees, including me. Thank you very, very much. You can click here to see all the awards that Sand Spring Chesapeakes received and to read her responses to the Awesome Blog Content Award.
I was really, really excited that the Awesome Blog Content Award was included in my very generous awards package because this is one that I’ve wanted to do for a while. Here are the simple requirements:
Add the ABC logo to your new blog post. Done!
Write one word or a phrase about yourself that begins with A, B, C, etc. About to be done!
Nominate some blogs. About to be done!
Leave a comment on those blogs to let them know! Will do!
Here are the 26 words that I have chosen to describe me, Little Miss Harper Lee:
WILLFUL…XANTHOUS (that means yellow)…YOUNGUISH…ZANY
And now I am thrilled to presented the Awesome Blog Content Award to the following awesome bloggers:
- Beagles and Bargains The perfect place for humans who are trying to survive pet parenthood without going broke.
- Bluestem Pond Follow life on a beautiful hobby farm and celebrate the joy of living a dream.
- clumsyfool Stop by for a visit to see the world–and I do mean the world–through this blogger’s eyes.
- Things I Want To Tell My Mother This lovely lady created her blog to remember, collect, and record special memories about her mother, who struggles with dementia.
- Wiley’s Wisdom This cute terrier mix has a heart of gold and stories of joy to share with the world.
Oh my goodness, between following the arrival of the Royal Bundle of Joy, thanking my blogging friends for a month’s worth of awards, and thinking of 26 words to describe myself–not to mention balancing this tiara on my head–I am exhausted. Thank you very, very much to the wonderfully creative, entertaining, and informative bloggers who have been so kind in sharing their awards with me . . . and congratulations to my nominees for the Awesome Blog Content Award. I look forward to seeing how you decide to describe yourselves in 26 words or short phrases and to meeting your Awesome Blog Content Award nominees!
Posted: February 22, 2013 Filed under: Dogs I Like, People I Like, Things I Like | Tags: Awards, Golden Retriever, Harper Lee, Thek9harperlee, Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Many thanks to my blogger friend dailyspro for presenting me with a Very Inspiring Blogger Award nomination, and even more thanks to her for being such an inspiration. She lost her beautiful, sweet, and way-too-young Bernese Mountain Dog, Newton, a little more than two months ago. Since then, she has written so movingly about loss and recovery. She has taken her grief and channeled it into positive pursuits and heartfelt advice. I hope that you will take a moment to visit her very inspiring blog. You will be hooked.
Now for the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. Done.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. Done.
3. State seven things about yourself. About to be done.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award. About to be done . . . sort of.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back. Well, I will admit that I am a little confused by the whole “ping back” thing, so I will comment on their blogs to let them know that I have nominated them. Is that ok?
Seven things about me:
I am a Golden Retriever. I always feel obligated to point that out.
- I am currently pursuing post-graduate studies at PetSmart obedience school. I started obedience classes when I was six months old (I’m almost four years old now). I completed beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes. Then a group of us convinced our humans and our trainer that we would like to continue with our training. I love school, my school friends, and my trainer!
- I am an independent spirit. My human mommy is not so sure that’s always a good thing. I beg to differ.
- I am very talkative. When I see other dogs on my walks, I just have to talk. When my humans come home from a night out, I just have to talk. I have a lot to say. It’s a good thing I have a blog.
- I have a lot of really wonderful toys, but give me an outside stick and I am a happy dog. I love to chew on sticks, and create neat little piles of mulch in my yard.
- I think my human daddy is a treat dispenser. When he is home, I feel the need to stick by his side because I just know treats will appear.
- My favorite room in the house is the kitchen. Magic happens in that room, and sometimes I am the lucky recipient of that magic.
Nominate 15 bloggers for this award: Now, I know I just bragged about obedience school, and I am usually very obedient and follow the rules. BUT, I also said that I am an independent spirit, and I am about to let that spirit soar. So, here are my six nominees, in no particular order:
welcome to our 3mbakery
Jude is mother to three beautiful Golden Retrievers (is there any other kind?), and her blog is all about “tasty recipes and information especially for your fur kids.” She inspires me to get my mommy into the kitchen to start baking some of those tasty (and healthy, I might add) treats.
- vegan parisienne This full-time graduate student living in Paris offers a “guide to classy vegan cooking and style.” Her food photos are gorgeous. She also runs and shares photos of some pretty beautiful running locations. She inspires my mommy to explore new recipes. She inspires my daddy to explore new marathon sites.
- Red’s Rants and Raves Red is a witty Welsh Terrier who “discusses life in the slow lane.” Red just might be the funniest dog I know . . . in a cyber kind of way. His human wrote this on his blog: “He has won no awards and fears that he is unlikely to do so at this point in his life.” Well, here’s your award, Red Man. Paw snaps and twirls. You inspire me to look at life through rose-colored glasses.
- NuveaSantosCobb This teacher and photographer says that her blog is a “photography journal of my life, loves, and adventures.” Her beautiful photographs inspire me to open my eyes and appreciate the beauty that surrounds me every day.
- Skinny Little Whippet Skinny, who lives in Yorkshire, England, is his humans’ first puppy and “so far, life with humans is quite a puzzle, sometimes exciting, always exhausting.” I must say that Skinny is doing an admirable job of training his humans. He goes on the most exotic walks . . . which sometimes become wild runs. He inspires me to embrace my inner puppy.
- Sunshine and Starlight Sunshine and Starlight are West Highland White Terriers living in Mississippi. We’re practically neighbors! They call their humans “manservant” and “womanservant,” which all of us dogs know is simply stating the obvious. They go on amusing daily excursions in the Bumpkinmobile and then share tales of their outings. They inspire me to broaden my horizons.
So congratulations to my nominees, and thank you for being such wonderfully inspiring bloggers. You are absolutely under no obligation to follow any of the nomination rules (although I did have a lot of fun doing this, so you might also). I just wanted to let you know that you inspire me.
And now, I just cannot resist ending with my award photo. See you on the red carpet!