I’m Versatile? I am Versatile!Posted: April 5, 2013
I’m a Versatile Blogger? I had absolutely no idea . . .at least not until my blogging friend Ivonne presented me with The Versatile Blogger award on my fourth birthday last month. What a fabulous birthday present! Thank you, Miss Ivonne.
Here are the rules for The Versatile Blogger award:
Add The Versatile Blogger award photo on a blog post. Check
Thank the person (or animal–I added that) who presented you with the award and link back to him or her in your post. Check.
Share seven things about yourself:
My full name is Denham’s Harper Lee. Denham Springs is the little town in Louisiana where I was born and Harper Lee is the award-winning author of To Kill A Mockingbird, which I have not yet read. My humans call me Harper Lee, or Miss Harper Lee, or Little Miss Harper Lee, or Miss Lee, or Ms. Lee, or Wee Wee, or Tiny Puppy, or . . . you get the idea.
- Very odd things frighten me. Example 1: The sound of acorns falling on a tin roof. I suddenly become Henny Penny and I think the sky is falling.
- Very odd things frighten me. Example 2: Plastic grocery bags blown by the wind. When I am on a walk and I see a plastic grocery bag floating in the air I am just certain that it is a ghost.
- I have recently become obsessed with things above my head–things like light fixtures, ceiling fans, and air conditioning vents. They catch my eye and I look at my humans as if to say, “When did we get that?”
- I love bananas and apples, but I do not care for carrots.
- I am a huge fan of Twitter (tweet me @thek9harperlee), but I’m not thrilled about Facebook.
- In my mind, I am a very tiny dog.
And now for the fun part . . .
Pass the award along to 15 favorite bloggers. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Finn & Charley Too–First there was Finn, and then Charley joined the pack . . . and that’s when this family became versatile. I get to go to some pretty fun places, but when I read about the adventures of these two Golden Retrievers, I have to admit a get a bit green with jealousy. They really are living the doggie dream.
- Haiku By Ku–Kuruk, Ku for short, had a tough start to his life. This Alaskan Malamute was one of almost 160 starving dogs rescued from a puppy mill two years ago. But things have been much, much better since his wonderful mama adopted him. He shares his Haiku thoughts with his mama who puts them on a blog for all the world to enjoy. A dog who thinks in Haiku . . . that’s a versatile talent.
Hollis Plample Daily Comic–She’s an opera singer, tap dancer (in her kitchen), cat owner, and she draws very, very funny comics. Versatile and funny is a great combination.
- Human Rescues Dog–This mother of two–dogs, that is–offers witty food for thought to which every dog parent can relate. I feel a special connection because one of her dogs, Hannah, is a Golden Retriever, and the other, Charlie, is a Lab who did some time in rehab . . . no, not that kind . . . after hip dysplasia surgery. I’m in rehab, too! There has to be something versatile there.
- irunfordonuts–The name of her blog alone earns my nomination, but in addition to that she writes about three of my human mommy and daddy’s favorite things: food, travel, and running (ok, that last one is only a favorite of my daddy). She just learned that she’s going to be practicing the art of versatility in the form of cross-training over the next six weeks.
slowgirlfastdog–She writes about running, her Whippet puppy, wine and mini-tinis, and sharing the “truth” about the Easter bunny and Santa . . . now that’s versatility.
- Snowieners–These cute pups are long-hair mini-Dachshunds living in Alaska. I have two thoughts on that: First, it’s a good thing they have long hair because where they live the ground is covered by snow from November to April; and second, I think versatility is pretty much a requirement for living in Alaska.
- thestubbornhound–Writing from an avocado orchard in Central California (doesn’t that just sound exotic?), this human mom to two Rhodesian Ridgebacks covers products, places, and things that will entertain her big, stubborn (her words, not mine) pups. Trust me . . . she’s versatile.
- Tylersat99’s Blog–Lexie and Micah are two big and beautiful Newfoundlands who share tales and photos of their walks in the Ohio woods . . . walks in the woods that often include fun in the creek. Woods and a creek . . . that’s some adventurous versatility.
I know the rules said 15, but I am going to stop at 10. I’m tired. It’s my dinner time. And I have written before that, although I am a super obedient dog, I am also an independent spirit. So there! Congratulations to all of my super versatile blogging nominees . . . and you, too, can feel free to break the rules. Isn’t that what versatility is all about?