We Are Fam-i-ly . . . Get Up Everybody and Dance!Posted: April 30, 2013
Last week, I had a very lovely surprise. The Red Man, my extremely handsome and exceptionally witty blog friend who writes Red’s Rants and Raves, presented me with the WordPress Family Award. Please drop by Red’s blog and wish him well; he had a bit of a complication from a teeth cleaning, and we all know that complications are not fun for dogs or their humans. So, back to the WordPress Family Award. This award was started by Shaun @ http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com. Here is a description of the award and the rules from Shaun:
“This is an award for everyone who is part of the ‘WordPress Family.’ I started this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents ‘Family’ we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honour to start this award.”
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family.
- Let your 10 family members know you have awarded them.
- That is it. Just please pick 10 people who have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
This one is so very, very easy for me, because I love to spread the love. After all, I am a Golden Retriever . . . and we are all about the love. So, without further ado, I present the WordPress Family Award to these very special bloggers. They have touched me in ways that they cannot imagine, and now I hope to return the favor.
- Baxter Biscuits–You don’t know this, but you were my 50th follower. That was–and still is–a huge milestone for me. When you “Like” my posts, it makes me smile and gives me encouragement. Thank you!
- dailyspro–You have shown our readers how to take the tremendous grief that comes from having to say goodbye to a furry member of the family (in your case, far, far too early) and turn it into something that makes the world a better place. Thank you!
- Gardens for Goldens–You bring beauty to the WordPress world–the beauty of your glorious garden, tended by the caring hands of so many dedicated volunteers, and the beauty of the Homeward Bound dogs, nurtured by the caring hearts of even more volunteers. You offer hope for beautiful days to come. Thank you!
- Maryanne Mistretta–I don’t think that I have told you this before, but you are my blog world mentor. You do it right. You are positive, encouraging, informative, and entertaining. You set an example. Thank you!
- Oh Melvin (and Yo Jake)–Every family needs some luck. Melvin and Jake are two of the luckiest rescue dogs ever. They have a human mother who adores them and faces every experience with the greatest sense of humor. You show all of your readers what every rescue dog deserves. Thank you!
- Sand Spring Chesapeakes–You were my 100th follower, another huge milestone in my blogging life. You are the sporty members of my WordPress family. I look at the beautiful photos of you in the field or you in the show arena and I am connected to my inner retriever, even though I am generally more of a “receiver.” Thank you!
- Sheila Hughes Pet Photography–You must visit Sheila and her “100 Pets and the People they Love Project-2013.” Every few days she will introduce you to a new friend, complete with beautiful photographs. Thank you!
- slowgirlfastdog–Every family needs a fun aunt . . . the one who can take a challenge and turn it into a laugh, the one who looks at something totally ordinary and makes it fantastic, the one who, by her example, encourages you to tackle something new. You are that fun aunt. Thank you!
- Stories from Home–Every family needs a wonderful photographer, and the entire WordPress family could not ask for a better one than David Patterson. His photos of beautiful Acadia National Park, his young son Jack, and his handsome Golden Retriever Oliver brighten my days. Thank you!
- The Daily Golden–I know that I have said this before, but I’m going to say it again: You are my source for all things Golden Retriever. Whether it’s the latest cancer studies and treatments, the best treats and tricks, or the most hilarious outfits, you keep me informed. Thank you!
The best family members encourage, entertain, and teach. They show us beauty and they enlighten us. They set a good example and they open new worlds to us every day. Many, many thanks to my nominees for being such excellent members of my WordPress family.